Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Mothers love...

I have this amazing woman as my mother.She has given her entire life,from the beginning up unto the end. She has cared for me,my daddy and others who share in her life. She will give her body to Washington University when the Lord decides to take her home.That is what I meant by beginning unto end. She loves with all she has,she cares with each breath she takes,and she gives until she has no more to give,and then she would still find a way. She and I have had our moments in time that tore at our very structure,but God lead the way,and we are closer now than ever before. My mom stands by my side,she prays for me,she tells me when I am doing great,and she is honest enough to tell me when she thinks I am wrong.I am stubborn like my father.I think its the Irish-german of them both that make me,me. My mom is in pain everyday.She has arthritis,she has osteoporosis,she has glacoma,herpies of the eye,map dot dystrophy of the eye,emphysema,and many other illness's. My mom is a hero to me.She wakes everyday in severe pain,and not once will you hear her complain.She takes each day as it comes,takes her eyes off herself and thinks of others first. My mom is loosing her sight. She has had surgery,but it is still getting worse by the day.I pray for the Lord to heal my moms sight,and to heal her pain.Yesterday I took her shopping,and for the first time I was frightened by what I saw.My mom had to get close to everything in the store to see,she would bump her cart into other carts.She was not herself.With each step I took next to her,was at a very slow pace.I know she is afraid she will fall,because of her eyesight. As we got back to her home,I put her groceries away,while my son did other chores for her. It hurts to see my mom like this.It isn't suppose to be this way.We always think of others as old,but we want our parents to stay young and be able to enjoy each moment of life.Even if my mom were to lose her sight,and not be able to see,she would still see with her heart.With the love that God has instilled in her. She would see through the eyes of her grandchildren that make her so happy.She would also have me there to guide her and take care of her,but more importantly she would have Christ Jesus to lead her by faith. He has such great mercy and grace for us. He knows my moms pain and her trials.He loves her as His only child.I am so thankful for each moment I have with my mom.Thankful I am here to care for her,as she so lovingly cared for me when I was young,and still today she gives all. She has sacrificed for others,she has given so much. I know not to take loved ones for granit,for I know the lose of my daddy.My mother holds many scars from her life,but you could never tell by the way she chooses to love others,and so unselfishly gives her all. I call my mom everyday,I love to hear her voice. At times I can even hear her when I am not near,but her voice will always be near my heart. When our parents get older we so much want to fight for them,to take care of them,and to protect from harm. I am thankful to know there is one greater than me,that has all her instrests at heart,that is the Lord Jesus Christ.My moms life is full of lessons and trials that she has overcome with the Lord's love.She is a wonderful grandmother,who has pictures of all of them everywhere in her home. My moms love will never deminish,though her health may,God is always with her whatever may come her way.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...