Sunday, June 28, 2009

Are you in the click or are you just the ick?

Remember those highschool days when there were clicks between the girls? When you were either in the "in" group or you felt as though you were on the outside looking in? Remember feeling as though you were different,not good enough, and just didn't have the stuff to be "in the group"? Well sisters, the said thing is, is that it still happens today. The gossip, the backbiting, being nice to your face,while behind your back they have nothing good to say about you. You tend to find out who your real friends are when you go to the outside and look in. That is where you find the real person, when they are not with you,but you are now being able to see the whole picture. Being honest, I was one of those popular girls in highschool, until they turned on me, and I lost all my friends all because a boy liked me. Isn't it sad just how much junk we can put into our lives? It is sad that we so strive to be in the in group and why? To be accepted, to be liked, and to feel love. Well, myself being on both sides here, when your on the outside, you don't feel love, acceptance and you know your not liked. Why do we as women still have clicks? You would think that went out with highschool, but for some it never leaves. We can fall into that trap. We all have the yearning to be loved, and some are willing to do anything or go how ever far to be loved. But is it real love from those you know gossip about you? No, its not,and we as women can tell the difference. I have friends all of kinds. I just love women who can be honest, open up and be real. Women who want to be fed by the word of God, and strive for higher standards. It hurts when you are on the outside looking in. When you only talk to a few select women and leave all the others behind,feeling as though they just do not matter. They may be different, they may talk different, they may look different, and be the total opposite of you,but all women have something to share, a gift to leave you, and wisdom to share. I have great friends. I am very blessed, but as I get older, I realize I don't have to be in the in group to feel loved. I don't want to be in the in group, and if I ever make anyone feel as though they are not good enough to be my friend or have something to offer me,then shame on me,and may God forgive me. If we are to be Christ-like and follow Him, we cannot show partiality to anyone. We love those around us, who are like us, and who are different. Its easy to love your friends, but harder to reach outside that box and love others as we should. I am not pointing the figure at anyone, if I am pointing one out, then there are four coming back at me. God speaks to us in different ways but He has much to say on this subject. Let me share some verses with you. Proverbs 18:5 "it is not good to show partiality to the wicked, or to overthrow the righteous in judgemnent." Romans 2:11 "For there is no partiality with God." Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth and said:In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality." If Jesus as He walked this earth showed no partiality, then how can we as women? If we walk as Christ did, then we need to get real with ourselves, look ourselves in the mirror and have ourselves a good check. If we find ourselves showing partiality to one, then may we ask God to show us, just how to love all the women around us, not gossiping, backbiting and being fake to your face. It hurts, its ugly and does not leave people feeling love, and when we do these things, we are not showing Christ in our lives. I have checked myself in the mirror, and what I see, I need to change, I need to change to have Christ as the center of my life, focus on Him, loving others with His love, and never letting anyone see just the back of my head...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...