Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quilts, I love them so...

I have a collection of quilts. Some are very old,some are new,but they all mean something special to me. I have loved quilts for such a long time,the homemade ones are the most special to me.They are stitched together by tiny hands of women. Put together with love and beauty for each one. Last summer my husband took me to the quilt museum in Kentucky. I was so excited to be going,for I really didn't know what to expect. As we walked in and payed our fee,right before me was the winner of them all. It had won first prize, a $20,000 first prize. I was amazed at the beauty and technique. As we walked hand in hand I was overwhemed at all the quilts that hung like beauty in the air. We finally came to one.It was all white,dressed with pink flowers across the whole top. It was the most beautiful one I had seen so far. I just stood with tears streaming down my cheeks at the wonder of it all. To know a woman sat with this quilt for many months at hand,and put in so much time and love through each strand. We moved our way through and the tears just couldn't stop,for each step we took the beauty just grew. As I carefully looked at each and every stitch, they all so different,but yet so alike. They each had a uniqueness about them, a story that seemed to be told with each and every color around the been. As I looked at each one, I could only think of God,and we too were His creation, each one unique and special with all the colors under the sun. I thought of the time it took to make such beautiful things,then I realized God made all in six days and even took a rest. For He stitched each one of us together and made a wonderful creation to bring glory and honor to Him with the same loving touch.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...