Friday, February 13, 2009

Theres something sweet about helping our parents..

When we were small our parents took care of us,they raised us, loved us, and provided us with our needs,they paved the way for our dreams to be fulfilled. Now as I am a woman,I am taking care of my Mother. The table has turned. Although she is always there for me,gives advice, and is a wonderful mom,now I have begun to care for her in the ways she cared for me. I take her to the doctor, to the store, and do her laundry.I meet my mom's needs,as she met mine long ago. There is a joy in taking care of your parent. In giving just a little back of what they so freely gave. I could never repay my mom for all that she has done for me or my family,but it is such a blessing to be there for her today. Our parents sacrificed so much for us, they gave until there was nothing more to give. I talk to my mom everyday,and just to check on her, to see if she needs anything. She has always been a giver, someone who steps out to give until her hands are empty.Today is my mom's birthday.She is 71 years old.She faces many struggles,and has so much pain daily.The amazing thing about my mom is that she never complains. She takes each day as they come,and knows her blessings. For us to give back to our parents,if only just a portion will bless you as much as it does them. For me to check her mail, or take out the trash,means the world to her. Just stopping by to say hello is a gift of its own. We always think our parents will be here forever, we sometimes take them for granit. I count each day I have my mom a blessing,just to hear her voice. Take the time to reach out to your parents,and see what a blessing it will be for them and for you. Its not always the big things we do, its the small things that matter the most.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...