Sunday, February 15, 2009

If you could leave behind one thing what would it be?

We put many epigraphs on tombstones, what would you want yours to say? What is one thing you would want to leave behind for others? Is it that you were pretty. Maybe you could party with the best. Maybe you were a strong person or really smart. Maybe you were a hard worker. Maybe you even traveled up the ladder quickly, or you went to the best schools. Maybe you had all the money in the world, nice car,boat,camper, and a woman or man each night of the week. It could be that you were popular,had many friends. You might even have your name in lights or be a great baseball player. In the end, is all that really going to matter? Its not how long we live, its what we have done with the time given to use. In the end I want to hear well done my good and faithful servent. I want to give all I have to give. I want to be remembered as the girl who tried with all her might to win others to Christ and let Him shine through her. I often tell others, Jesus looks good on you. That is what I want said about me someday. Although I still have a long way to go, and I make many mistakes along the way,I want to strive to live for Him. I want to leave behind a legacy of love, not my love, but Christs love. In the end, its not going to matter who has a star, if you made 6,000 touchdowns, or if you could purchase all you want, whats going to really matter,is what did we do for Christ who died for us? What do you want to leave behind.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...