Friday, January 30, 2009

Do you believe in miracles?

My son and I were coming home from town. We had had a busy day at home with school, and many things so we decided to go out for the afternoon. We ended up coming home as it was getting dark. We are on a two lane road, just driving along, singing and laughing as we always do, when as we top a hill I see a old farm truck in the other lane with a car coming straight for us. There was no time to think or move, all we could do was see his headlights right at ours. I called out and said "God", it was all I thought to say. In the blink of an eye that car moved. Not just slowed down, there was no time, that car was picked up and moved behind that truck... My son sat shaking and I was in tears. We only had about one mile before we were home. I had just called my husband before and told him we'd be home in just a sec. but as my son and I drove that last bit home no one said a word, we just cried. We both knew how close we had come. As we pulled in the drive I just sat there, not moving just praising God for His mighty hand, His awesome power, and my love for Him. I sat there thinking I almost lost my precious son, my husband and children almost lost us both. I thought about what would of happened. The phone calls to my Mother, to my children, and friends. I thought about everything just sitting in the car and how thankful I was to just be here with my family. I came in and heard my son telling his dad. I just went to him and fell in his arms and cried. I dont know why that person was in such a hurry, or crossed a double line, on a hill to an oncoming car.I wonder at times if they ever think about that night our lives almost ended. I do, I will never forget that night on that hill, that God saved my son and I. I will forever be thankful for His love and His grace. Thank you Lord for what you did upon that hill.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...