Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Justice Delayed by Cara Putman

After reading Beyond Justice and Imperfect Justice I was excited to see the third book in this series to be offered for review. (Take a peek at my reviews).

Although each of them can be read as a stand alone read, I would encourage you to read them in order as this group of women, these friends, how they are connected, give you a better understanding of the characters. 

Now I loved the first two books. They leaped off the pages for me. I enjoyed this novel, but in a different way. It wasn't such a thriller for me. More of a drama. But very relevant in our world today. 

I admire the strong women who live within these pages. Their strength and faith are inspirational. They are encouraging characters. We see their strengths and their weaknesses. Cara Putman is outstanding at providing the reader with characters that we can relate to. Characters that stand out and are ready for the battle ahead. 

Jamie Nichols is one of those characters for me. Such devastating horrors took place in her childhood. She's never forgotten the man who took her innocence, who abused her, and walked away living a life of power and position. She's waited so long for the day to see justice. That day is now here. The day when she has found a new strength to face this attacker. 

I admire for for facing something that many would question the why now. But for her it's more than just justice in a courtroom. It is the man facing up to his actions. It is herself gaining strength and finding a place of healing. 

I love that she has surrounded herself with like minded women, ready to stand side by side for whatever may come, but together they will face with faith and hope. 

But there too are other characters to admire. One of them is Chandler Bolton. A military vet facing his own battles at hand, but reaching out and helping others to heal. This is a servant in the kingdom of God, making a huge difference. Through helping others he too finds a place of healing from the impact that war has had upon his own life. 

What can we walk away with from reading this novel? For me, it was a reminder that my voice is powerful. I have nothing to fear with Christ on my side. Making a difference in the lives of others has a way of impacting our own life. 

This is another great read from Cara Putman. I am always excited to see she has a new release! 

Happy Reading.

This novel was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 


Cara Putman Since the time I could read Nancy Drew, I have wanted to write mysteries. In 2005 I attended a book signing at my local Christian bookstore. The rest, as they say, is history. There I met Colleen Coble. With prompting from my husband, I shared my dream with Colleen. Since those infamous words, I've been writing award-winning books with the count currently at 29. 

In addition to writing, I am a mom of four, attorney, lecturer at a Big Ten university, active in women's ministry, and all around crazy woman. Crazy about God, my husband, and my kids. I graduated with honors from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (Go Huskers!), George Mason Law School, and Purdue University's MBA program. You can learn more about my books at http://www.caraputman.com. And if you'd like a copy of my legal suspense novella, Dying for Love, simply connect with me here (http://www.caraputman.com/contact/) , and I'll send you the link.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...