Thursday, December 27, 2018

When Do I Love You? By Thomas Nelson and Illustrated by Marta Cabrol

This gem of a treasure just may be one of my favorite books I've reviewed this year. Perfect for all ages of boys and girls. I'm excited to read this one to my grandchildren who are between the ages of 2-8 and I know each of them will love it. 

The cover is just darling. The illustrations are warm and inviting. A book of love. It brought me to mind of 1 Corinthians 13 and all that love is. Each page is designated for one of God's creatures. A little duck, a little bear, a little lizard, a little kitty, a little mouse, a little moose, a little dog, a little raccoon, a little goat, and ending with a little one. 

I can see this book being given as a baby's first birthday gift. A book to grow with and one to treasure. It too would be perfect for a children's library. There is a rich sweetness to this book. One that shares a 'no matter what' kind of love. 

"When do I love you, little duck? When we're riding in the truck! No matter how bumpy the road might be, we'll bounce there together, just you and me."

"When do I love you, little lizard? When we're hemmed in by the blizzard! If ever the snow piles up to your eyes, don't worry-I'll hold you, I won't leave your side."

"When do I love you, little moose? When we're sitting in a caboose! If you take a train to lands faraway, I'll travel with you each step of the way."

"When do I love you, little dog? When we're trotting through the fog! If the air gets thick and we cannot see, I'll call your name. You can count on me."

Rhyming love to little ones, lots of lessons to learn, and such time spent together just reassuring them how big your love is. This is one you are sure to love!

Happy Reading!

💗💗💗💗💗

This children's book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...