Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The Secrets Of Paper And Ink penned by Lindsay Harrel

Three women. Different lives. Circumstances that bring trial. All connected in the fact that they are determined to never give up. Hope is in the heart of each character. 

A time-slip novel connecting two modern day characters and the other from a long ago time.

Letting go of the past brings healing and a new enthusiasm for experiencing new journeys that were never expected. These new journeys would have not been possible if not for the obstacles that these women would face. 

A little historical fiction added in this story is what I enjoyed the most. I too enjoyed the idea of journaling, pen and paper to write our own story, to bring about healing. This was a quick read for me. A light and enjoyable read. 

This storyline travels from character to character. Emily, Sophia, and Ginny. Each chapter growing their story. For me this was a quick read. Light and enjoyable for an afternoon read. 

This novel was a bit predictable. But it was enjoyable. I love novels that take me on a journey. Those that go deep and leave something special with me. For me, this was not that novel. 

Here's my thing. I'm a stickler when reviewing for Christian publishers. People choose books published by Thomas Nelson and others for the faith aspect. They want to read a story based on Christ Jesus, and one where faith leads the storyline. Not only leads, but is the headline. This novel carries a bit of faith, but it stops short of allowing Jesus to flow through the pages, giving the reader what they are expecting. 

It is a lovely story. If it was truly faith-based it would be even better. I love reading all genres. When choosing a novel from a Christian publisher I expect more. A journey where I see Jesus moving through the hearts of the characters and leaving me with more than a lovely story, but one that impacts my life. 

It is my hope that if you choose this novel you enjoy it immensely. If you do choose to grab up this novel for an afternoon read I would love to hear your thoughts. 

Happy Reading.

🌟🌟🌟

This novel was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

Lindsay Harrel is a lifelong book nerd who lives in Arizona with her young family and two golden retrievers in serious need of training. She's held a variety of writing and editing jobs over the years and now juggles stay-at-home mommyhood with writing novels. When she's not writing or chasing after children, Lindsay enjoys making a fool of herself at Zumba, curling up with anything by Jane Austen, and savering sour candy one piece at a time. Connect with her at LindsayHarrel.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...