Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Gift That I Can Give by Kathie Lee Gifford and illustrated by Julia Seal


Just beautiful! What a gem of a treasure. If you love gifting books, this should be on your giving list. It's just in time for Christmas. This is one you will read with your little ones over and over again.

The cover is just spectacular. Butterflies glittering and a little girl looking upward with such hope is the perfect cover for this wonderful read. I applaud the illustrator, Julia Seal. She has created such beauty and warmth, inviting colors and a sweetness that every little one will love. 

This is a keeper because of the message that Gifford so beautifully gives. God, our Creator, is at the center of this message.These pages are wrapped in a message of love, worth, and service. A child is asking, "What is this gift to use as I grow? When will I see it? How will I know?" Such wisdom for little hearts to begin learning at a young age. 

"God, will You show me this gift I can give as I grow and love and I learn how to live?"

This little one goes through many gifts that she knows she has been given. Through her story we see kindness, cheer, encouragement, grace, and mercy. Such sweet gifts that are from the heart, touching the lives of others. It isn't us being in the spotlight, but giving that to God and He allowing us, children, to be an extension of His love. Lessons for children and adults to learn together. A book that teaches that God created us to be, "One of a kind-I'm my very own ME! Exactly the person God made me to be!"

This book ends just a beautiful as it begins. "All God asks me as I grow, love, and live is that I show others the gift I can give. Then He'll help me find ways to give it away as He lives in my heart, every moment, every day. His love is the gift that I can give away."

I cannot wait to gift this treasure to my granddaughter. This will be one we can treasure together. Such simple life lessons, love-grace-mercy, His love, and may we give it away. It doesn't matter how big or small, each act, each word, coming from a heart of Christ, will share His love.

Although this book is juvenile, there too is another for little ones. So you are able to choose according to the age of the child you will gift this treasure to. My grandchildren are ages two to eight. I can see all of them loving this little gem. 

💙💚💛💜💗

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 


Kathie Lee Gifford is the three-time Emmy award-winning cohost of the fourth hour of the Today show, alongside Hoda Kotb in 2015. Gifford was inducted into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame. She has written four New York Times bestselling books. Former co-host of Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee, she is also a playwright, producer, singer, songwriter, and actress. Gifford has a passion for children and has been involved in numerous child-help organizations including Cassidy's Place and Cody House, named after her two children. 

Julia Seal decided when she was five years old that she was either going to work in a shoe shop or draw pictures for a living. Luckily, many years later she graduated with a degree in graphic design and illustration. After working in the greeting-card industry and getting covered in glitter every day, she moved on to her dream job of illustrating children's books. She now lives in a small village near Bath, England, with her husband and two children, surrounded by books and inspiration.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...