Friday, May 28, 2010

curtain time

Life gives us a big stage to work, grow and shine. But just where is that light shining? My son and I love to attend the Muny here in St. Louis each summer. It is an outdoor theater that puts on productions of amazing talent. As we sit waiting you get so excited to see the curtain being pulled back, the lighting being centered, and the stage is now set for an exciting show.
You see the actors across the stage, working, moving, and bringing things together, but something I have noticed, you never see the stagehands. Never, but they are madly at work behind the scenes, and the most interesting part is without those stage hands the production just wouldn't go on.

In our lives it is just natural for us to want to be on stage, and many times, center stage, with the light shining upon us. In that self centered stage does anyone else really want to attend? As life is the stage, there is only One who is at the center and deserves the light to shine upon Him, and that is Jesus Christ. See, in life we are the stage hands. Ever see the people pulling the curtain back? Ever see all those behind the stage getting things in order? As we pull the curtain back Jesus shines before the world. We are in the shadows as the light is casting from Him. We are in His reflection of the light casting beauty wherever it is shining.

So many times we want recognition for all we do. Ever feel like you are just working, and serving and no one is noticing? In all that work and service for the Lord, all anyone should be seeing is Jesus. We should be working and serving in such a way that it is Jesus Himself in the spot light.

Working behind the scenes is not always easy. It is our human nature to want the spot light, the stage and all the glamor that goes with it. Working behind the stage is a constant battle between our love for the Lord and our flesh. Oh, how the flesh wants the spot light.

In a play or production there is more, much more going on than meets the eye. There are many workers, and not one is more important than the other. Each has their own speciality, and qualities that add to the production. Working behind the scenes is hot, sweaty work, but it is work that must be done, and work that is worth while, bringing many blessings. When we show up to work behind the scenes we must be ready and willing to pull that curtain back so the world can see the reason we are working behind the scenes. We want the world to see the reason there is a production. And the only way to do so, is simply to pull the curtain back, away from us and onto Him.

Who is center stage in your life? Where is that light shining? In our lives we each have a purpose and a plan, and how could this production be put on without a director? A producer? A writer? I am so glad I am not writing my own screen play for my life. I have thankful the Director/Producer/Writer is One who knows me(He created me Psalm 139:14), loves me (He died so that I might have life in Him John 3:16), and accepts me (Even though I may not get my lines right, He forgives me when I stumble Psalm 103) . In Him knowing my past, present and future He knows how to direct each path. And by following His direction the spot light will forever be shining on Him. There is no one I would rather have teaching me my lines, showing me where to stand, and holding my script. He knows the beginning, the middle and the end. He knows just how each scene will play out. I may not have the lead role, but I know my part is special, for my script was handed to me by the Lord. Now, isn't that a production you want to be part of? Pull that curtain back today and let the light shine on the Lord in your life!
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...