Monday, March 13, 2017

IBC Princess Bible with Coloring Sticker Book by Thomas Nelson

This is a cute Bible. I was excited to order it in hopes this would be the Bible I would choose for my granddaughter. I was a little let down, mostly because I expected more. 

I have the hardback edition. It comes with a very small coloring book with stickers inside. It has sixteen coloring pages with a little insert of stickers. 

The Bible contains three sections where the pages are full color. These sections contain four pages. One in the beginning where there is a Bible timeline. One closer to the middle, and another closer to the back of the Bible. Within these pages there are questions for little ones. How do I know Jesus loves me? How do I pray. How do I forgive? How can I let God's love shine through me? How do I study the Bible? There are other aspects included like, Bible verses to know, an area where you can write your favorite verses. If it were not for these small sections of color the Bible is very plain, just black and white throughout. 

In the back of the Bible you will find a page of The Miracles of Jesus, The Disciples, The Names of God, and Kids in the Bible. There is  small concordance, a dictionary, and Memory Verses For my Life, What God Promises About, and a few pages of color maps. 

This Bible has 365 highlighted verses, but these are highlighted in a just a dark gray color. Not something bright. I expected the inside pages to be more colorful and something a little girl would be drawn to pick up. The pages are not very strong. As I was making my way through the Bible I tore a page corner. So for a child I am not sure it is something that will be long lasting. 

It is written in such a way that is easy for little ones to understand. This is a great blessing. If I was purchasing a Bible for my granddaughter this just isn't the one I would choose. 

This Bible was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...